ARK Founders Counselors (AFC) Information
Leadership and Training doesn’t just happen! This page details our new program to involve new and current people in key ministries by using a technical training program and a leadership development plan.
ARK Founders Counselors (AFC) Vision Statement:
Build an organization talented enough to train other leaders and build enthusiasm and knowledge in the general population on issues of scripture, history, and science without relying on the artificial, unrealistic, and limiting assumptions generally used today.
ARK Founders Counselors (AFC) Mission:
Be the primary recognized members accomplishing, encouraging, counseling, planning, and financing the mission of ARK. They will develop Leaders while being the Leaders of sub groups open to all members. AFC Leaders will train others to accurately defend their faith and belief in the Bible through scripture, history, and science.
- Train interested ARK members in leadership roles leading to the accomplishment of our mission.
- Aim for the high ground with a real public presentation venue targeted to reach 10 million people per year at any location used.
- Use researched reality and entertainment as a focus to compare all sides of origin models, known history, and demonstrable, repeatable science.
- Proclaim the message and reasons once known and believed in this country: We hold these Truths to be self evident...
Use tested and proven experts to enable workers and leaders to develop technical expertise.
Museum: The focused point for our leadership and groups is to aim for a first class exhibition, training, and entertainment center facility. The facility would allow us to work and to present quality exhibits to those who will visit it. This is a proven “proving grounds” to effectively reach the public and schools with the evolutionary message. It will be even more effective with a Biblical Creation science and history message. If we build it right, they will come, learn, and be changed for the Glory of the Lord our God.
Use hands on activities to the maximum extent possible, with subgroups handling specific functions.
Use proven resources of videos, books, teams, and public presentations to duplicate the skills needed by ARK.
Use content or curriculum emphasizing: prayer, knowledge, ethics, skills, vision, and communication skills.
AFC First Meetings: 1999: Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 21 --
2000: Jan 18, Feb 22, Mar 21, ...
The work for this program can be done at remote locations via the web, Email, US mail, writing, audio, and video tapes.
Working Roles: Subgroups
Study Groups: Where technical study and testing will be done.
Speakers: Trainers and speakers bureau for ARK.
Service Groups: Doers, builders, fundraisers, workers.
Membership: An ARK member willing to commit to 6 of the 12 planned meetings per year and being a participant in a leadership role, subject to ARK board approval. Members will be evaluated from personal conduct in areas of: Faithfulness, Availability, Teachable, Thankfulness, Enthusiasm, and Respect for authority. There is a building process available for beginner through advanced.
Beginner, overview material to get grasp of the information
Student, be tested on material with a formal certification (90% minimum passing grade, five attempts to pass on any section.).
Speaker/Writer, is a chosen role for more formal activities, includes tour guides, lesson development, etc.
Teacher, Able to communicate to students the concepts needed so they take them as their own.
Leader, leads sub-groups, etc.
Sub-groups: These groups are the primary action committees. They operate independently under a leader. Visitors are welcome and invited to all subgroup activities.
Meetings: Once monthly, on Tuesday 7:00 pm, eight days after the regular ARK meeting, initially at Bethany Church of Christ.
Agenda of Meetings: See Lesson Plans. These are posted so that anyone can participate in this training program.
Leadership and Training doesn’t just happen! Our AFC technical training program and leadership development plan is using several key resources and processes. It is first of all a prayer group and we spend the first 15 minutes in prayer. It is very helpful for us and we appreciate all who will join us. Our concerns are:
Study, in detail, and discuss at a HS senior or above level the following books or group of books:
Study and interaction are essential! Our core reference books are by study area:
- Maintaining the proper focus and priority on the Biblical relevance ministry we are involved in.
- Using our time and energies wisely in this challenging development program.
- Growth and influence of The ARK Foundation of Dayton, Inc. (also known as ARKY, which can be interpreted Absolute Real Knowledge for You, since we believe the Bible to be our foundation and the only absolute reference).
- That God will be with our ARK leaders in their decisions and efforts and they will follow that leading.
- More people will accept this Biblical relevance message so we will reach even more people with it.
- General Creation Science Overview. These are chosen because of their overall good coverage of a wide range of topics in short discussions.
- Worldviews, Understanding the Times by Davis A. Noebel, an excellent comprehensive textbook course, or Elements of a Christian Worldview by Michael D. Palmer, a compiled set of essays.
- A text on Leadership, e.g., Developing the Leader Within You or other books by John C. Maxwell. Or any book by Stephen R. Covey on leadership, e.g., The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Leadership is both learned and put to practice.
- An Apologetics textbook, e.g., Authors Ravi Zacharias and Francis Schaffer are recommended authors.
- History overview of the world (6000 years), e.g., WallBuilders materials on early US history, World History, or earth documented history of the Church. Any selected materials must include the balanced history of religion and the religious views of key leaders, without excluding Christianity.
- Bible Study, with emphasis on discovering the Creator
- Science Choice, Pick one area of specific science interest and cover it well.
- Public Speaking Option
- Public Writing Option
- Discuss and start serious work on planning for an ARK Museum. It would be nice to have a physically operating 1/6 scale model by 2002 and build a full scale museum as soon as 2005. The focused point for our leadership and groups is to aim for a first class exhibition, training, and entertainment center facility. The facility would allow us to work and to present quality exhibits to those who will visit it. This is a proven “proving grounds” to effectively reach the public and schools with the evolutionary message. It will be even more effective with a Biblical Creation science and history message. If we build it right, they will come, learn, and be changed for the Glory of the Lord our God.
- Specialty Area: Choose one area of knowledge to be well informed in.
- Members will present chapters of the books for group critique.
- Review the best videos for techniques and presentation, outline them, and write group reviews.
- These activities are for the purpose of learning the material, techniques, and personalities of experts so as to seek to transfer those skills and knowledge to our own people, so they can teach others.
given by members of the Founders Counselors will be listed separately later.
ARRANGEMENTS: Unless we agree otherwise -
|WE FURNISH: || YOU FURNISH:|
|--slide projector || --screen (or Wall); projector stand; cord |
|--fossils & artifacts || --lectern-, PA system (if needed) |
|--sample notice/poster || --overhead projector (for some adult programs) |
|--brief biography || --tables (2) for exhibits/books |
|--books for sale if desired || --publicity/announcements |
|- || --map how to find you (if needed) |
|- || --overnight accommodations (if distant) |
Our purpose in offering the above is to share our faith and some insights into creation/ evolution questons with fellow Christians, and to encourage Bible study by showing how biblical archaeology illustrates the Scriptures. If your church/parish/group/institution is financially able to contribute toward our travel and other out-of-pocket costs, this assistance is appreciated. Nothing is expected from schools and those groups having severe budget problems. Other parishes/groups may follow whatever their normal custom is with other invited speakers.
Supported by: The ARK Foundation of Dayton, Inc. a non profit organization since June 1995,
We support true science and Biblical religion.
Email: ARKY Webmaster
This site is scanned for viruses daily. This document was last modified
8:52 PM 1/5/2000