The Philosophical Worldview of the Founding Fathers
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Related to this week's lesson:
*United Nations & United States Philosophies.pdf
*10 Communist Manifesto Planks
*Socialism/Worldviews: A Case Study in Changing our Nationís Culture
*Education in America.pdf, 1/26/2012 5:29:24 PM
Week 4 of "The Law" article, Perverted Law Causes Conflict, 4/6/2011 9:55:51 AM
Laws of Nature Doc (pdf), 3/26/2001
The Origin of Common Law (pdf), 3/26/2001
ARE Americans practicing Communism (Communist Manifesto)?
Schedule for this week:
- Announcements, as needed
- Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the USA
- Prayer of thanks
- Show "The Philosophy of Liberty: an irreverent, animated look at the ideas of Frederic Bastiat and John Locke",
segment on: Plunder
- Review "The Law" reading for this week
- Overview of weekly extra reading, e.g., "The Law" (1850) by Frederick Bastiat, from your workbook assignment.
- 30 minute segment from Dr. John Eidsmoe's "Institute on the Constitution" DVD,
The Philosophical Worldview of the Founding Fathers.
DVD segment 2 from David Barton's, "Keys to Good Government"".
- Major Influences on the Founding Fathers
- The Laws of Nature and of Nature's God
- Natural Rights
- Government by Concent of the Governed
- Sinfulness of Human Nature
- Issue at Constitutional Convention: How to give Government enough Power to Govern Effectively, But Limit that Power so Government does not become Tyrannical and Corrupt, Given the Fallen Nature of Man?
- Need for Civil Virtue
Review of the fill-in-the-blank answers related to the workbook outline (Answers are also in the workbook).
Reading and answering of the multiple-choice questions for the week (Answers are NOT in your workbook.
Reading and answering of the True-False questions for the week (Answers are NOT in your workbook.
Discussion Questions as time allows
- Forgotten Principle
- Private life versus Public life
- Benedict Arnold
- John Witherspoon
- Statesman or Politician
- Religion and Morality
Assignments for reading/homework:
Read/Print SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Related to next week's lesson that has a "*" in front of it
Review optional SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Related to next week's lesson that has DOES NOT have a "*" in front of it
IOTC Workbook Week 5 - Please try to complete all test questions for week.
Assignment for reading from "The Law" (1850) by Frederick Bastiat, from your workbook:
pg 238-239, sections
- The Choice Before Us
- The Proper Function of the Law
- The Seductive Lure of Socialism
- Enforced Fraternity Destroys Liberty
- Plunder Violates Ownership
- Three Systems of Plunder
- Law Is force
Supported by: The ARK Foundation of Dayton, Inc. a non profit
organization since June 1995, We support true science and Biblical religion.
email: ARKY History Editor This
site is scanned for viruses daily.