The Religious Beliefs of the Founding Fathers
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Related to this week's lesson:
*Founding Fathers Beliefs
*The Preamble to the Constitution (with details derived from the Biblical framework)
*Biblical Principles: Basis for American Laws
Week 3 of "The Law" article, Property and Plunder, 4/6/2011 9:55:51 AM
What Made Us a Christian Nation, per Benjamin Franklin, 3/5/2014 12:47:54 PM
Is America A Christian Nation (In touch Ministries), David Barton, 3 segments, 3/6/2014 1:35:36 PM
Webster's 1828 Definition of Property.pdf
Sample a keynote presentation by Dr. David Noebel
Schedule for this week:
- Announcements, as needed
- Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the USA
- Prayer of thanks
"The Philosophy of Liberty: an irreverent, animated look at the ideas of Frederic Bastiat and John Locke",
segment on: The Faith of the Founding Fathers
- Review "The Law" reading for this week
- 30 minute segment from Dr. John Eidsmoe's "Institute on the Constitution" DVD,
The Religious Beliefs of the Founding Fathers.
- God's Providence at Work
- Puritan Political Theory
- The Framers of the Constitution: Christians or Deists?
- The Framers' Own Statements About Christianity
- DVD segment 1 from David Barton's, "Keys to Good Government"".
- First State Constitutions - Who wrote them and what were the principles used?
- State Constitution after Independence - What did they require for public office?
- Education and the Founding Fathers - What was the role of the Citizens?
- Democracy or Republic - What is the source of Authority?
- Review of the fill-in-the-blank answers related to the workbook outline (Answers are also in the workbook).
- Reading and answering of the multiple-choice questions for the week (Answers are NOT in your workbook.
- Reading and answering of the True-False questions for the week (Answers are NOT in your workbook.
- Discussion Questions as time allows
- Final announcements
- Closing Prayer
Assignments for reading/homework:
Assignment for reading from "The Law" (1850) by Frederick Bastiat, from your workbook:
pg 236-238, sections
- IOTC Workbook Week 4 - Please try to complete all test questions for week.
- Perverted Law Causes Conflict
- Slavery and Tariffs Are Plunder
- Two Kinds of Plunder
- The Law Defends Plunder
- How to Identify Plunder
- Legal Plunder Has Many Names
- Socialism Is Legal Plunder
Supported by: The ARK Foundation of Dayton, Inc. a non profit
organization since June 1995, We support true science and Biblical religion.
email: ARKY History Editor This
site is scanned for viruses daily.